Why is the product creating smoke?
What is a properly connected product?
It is a product that is connected to a chimney according to the manufacturer’s technical instructions.
What is a defective chimney?
- chimney made from non-quality materials (asbestos or brass pipes),
- a chimney with inadequate height,
- a chimney with inadequate diameter,
- a chimney with a disadvantage position – sheltered by high-rise buildings, trees or other obstacles hindering the air circulation around the top of the chimney,
- a chimney constructed beneath the ridge of the roof,
- inadequately plastered chimney – air gets in through joining funnels that intercepts gas flow,
- a chimney with poorly installed cleaning doors, or without them,
- irregularly cleaned chimney
- irregularly cleaned chimney (during normal operation, especially with damp fuel, deposition of soot and tar that need to be cleaned). Collected soot and resin reduce the cross section and make gas flow more difficult. The risk of fire in the chimney increases if regular control and chimney cleaning are ignored.
What should be the minimum height of a chimney?
First of all, we must be aware that a chimney has two heights. The first height is the total height that extends from the bottom to the top of the chimney. The second height of the chimney is the effective height and the most important one. It extends from the point of connection of the product to the chimney, and all the way up to the top of the chimney. The effective height of the chimney should be at least 4 m.
What are unfavorable weather conditions?
Unfavorable weather conditions refer to the unfavorable weather for starting the fire, or when outdoor temperature is relatively high, particularly in the afternoon. Before starting a fire, it is necessary to warm up the chimney to a temperature that is higher than the outside temperature.
Is it necessary to provide fresh air flow into the room?
The room where the heating element is installed needs to have sufficient flow of fresh air for burning, particularly when starting a fire. If it is not provided, it is necessary to open a door or a window for a while.
Why do some parts of furnace get damaged?
The long-term demand of a heating element to deliver far higher temperatures than prescribed by the manufacturer, or by excessive burning in order to heat a much larger space than it is actually possible with this heating element.
What is the best way to maintain the enameled stove plate?
After the first morning burning, while the plate is lukewarm, wash it with a kitchen sponge and regular dish detergent then wipe it with a cloth.
How to maintain the glass? Removing the soot from the glass.
The construction solution ensured that the glass on the furnace door is always clean. If you are burning dry wood or solid fuel with appropriate quality, and if chimney is properly working, then the burning will also be good and the glass won’t get any soot.
When soot appears on the glass, it is enough to briefly intensify the heat, which when combined with the circulation of air will remove the soot particles that caught on the glass.
If the glass is still covered with soot, we recommend the following:
- cleaning can be done with regular glass cleaning products
- soak a crumpled piece of newspaper, soak it in ash and rub it on the glass. The soot will slowly release from the glass. Then use a dry piece of paper and remove the particles from the glass. This cleaning method does not include any chemicals, it is responsible towards the environment, efficient and affordable.
How to maintain the surface of stoves and fireplaces?
By using fireproof Thermodur paint that can be purchased through authorized Plamen d.o.o. maintenance, packaged in a 0,75 kg or 400 ml spray.
What is the difference between fireclay, cast iron and tin products?
The advantage of the cast iron products is primarily in their durability at high temperatures – when it comes to fireclay, there is a chance of it breaking after using solid fuel during firing. Cast iron parts create equal heat throughout entire surface, and maintain it longer than tin products.
How to increase the durability of the feed?
The main reason why the feed burns out quickly is the untimely discharge of the ash from the ashtray. When the ash reaches the feed level, it does not have any cooling and therefore it burns quickly. More frequent discharge of the ashtray will provide longer duration of the feed. In addition, in most cases the air necessary for burning also comes through the ashtray, which will then be disabled if the ash that is not discharged reduces its flow. When using the products that do not have classic feed, it has been suggested that due to longer fire and heat maintenance it should be recommended to place a layer of sand or ash at the bottom of the firing furnace.
Is the ash suction recommended?
WARNING: cleaning and eventual ash suction should be done only when the furnace and the ashes cool off.
Can coal be used in Plamen’s products?
No, the products are intended for firewood and wood briquettes only. The list of appropriate fuels is located on the page 2 of technical instructions, under the title Fuel.
Installation of reduction on the chimney opening?
Reductions should not be installed as it prevents certified usage of the product and can lead to:
- creation of smoke
- improper work
- insufficient efficiency
- damage to the product
Where can I buy spare parts?
Spare parts can be purchased from the manufacturer and authorized service providers.
How long is the period in which the manufacturer ensures the spare prats?
The entire life span of the product, i.e. at least seven years from the last sold product of that type.
When does the customer bear the costs of servicing the product if the product is under warranty?
If the service provider determines that the product is technically correct, the service costs are borne by the customer according to the valid pricelist of the authorized service center. (Note: in the case this mostly relates to inadequate and bad chimneys and improper connection of the product to the chimney).
When and how to clean the product?
The product must be cleaned before every heating season, and during the season if necessary. It should be cleaned only when it is cold. When it comes to cookers, the top plate should be removed, while the furnace is cleaned with other products. Soot is removed from the inside by using appropriate brush, and a scraper is used to remove the ashes and the soot from the cleaning opening. Do not forget about the gaskets around the door and the glass, and replace them if they are damaged.
How to use the stove oven, especially when roasting bread or other dough, without burning the top?
- the flue gas damper must be pushed inside.
- the oven must be heated to j170-190 C before placing the preparation in the oven.
- only one small piece of wood should be place to the fire, and bake the entire time on low heat to bake the preparation evenly from the top and the bottom. It is recommended that the baking tray where the preparation is placed is turned over once during the baking process.
- quick heating and stronger heat of the cooking plate will be achieved if the flue gas valve is open and the button is pulled out.